Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Drilling in Anchors

As the internship progresses I am overcoming many things such as being nervous and I am learning good work ethic and thinking on my own and keeping busy is a must for this internship. i have learned that in a job and not just specifically this one, there is always something to do so that you are not just standing there doing nothing. On the fourth day of my internship i got to do something pretty special. Dr. auger showed me the method for moving teeth in a very specific and careful way. this method is called  using anchors. An anchor is a screw that is drilled into the gums in between the actual bone of the teeth that reside there. Once the Anchor is drilled into place there are wires that are tied around the anchor that attaches to the braces so that it can pull the teeth where they need to go. he said that tomorrow he would teach me about indirect bonding so that should be pretty interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment