Monday, August 3, 2015

Surgical Laser

It is the third day and definitely the coolest yet. It started off just like any other day so far, cleaning things, setting up work stations for the assistants, but it got interesting when Dr. Auger pulled me aside and said he had something cool for me to do. I asked him what it was and he said I was going to get to use a surgical laser! He explained to me that the laser was used for cutting away excess gum tissue usually caused by bad hygiene which makes the gums puff up. He let me practice using the laser on an apricot. This was pretty cool because I was using a real laser! Eventually he came in and saw my progress and he was impressed and gave me the task of burning his name into hiss baseball glove which was pretty easy. I showed him the glove when I was done and he said my penmanship was too good to for a doctor which was funny. at this point I was done for the week and I would be back next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment