Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Tool Sterilizer

During the course of my internship I have become very familiar with the sterilization process. It is something that I do daily and it is a necessity for the office to run smoothly. when I sterilize I sterilize tool sets and individual tools. When sterilizing I wait until the tool holder is full before I put it in the solution.. once sterilized I take it out and let the sterilizer solution drain out of the tool holder. After that I rinse any excess fluid out of the tool holder in the sink. After that I put it in this white solution called surgical milk. I am not sure what it does but I do know it its necessary to the process. After the tools are somewhat dry I put them in pouches to be sterilized in this oven like thing. after that I put them away and the tools are ready to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment