Monday, August 3, 2015

First Day On the Job

The  first day interning at Dr. Auger's office was very interesting. I got there about 15 minutes early so any sense of nervousness I had was intensified by the wait. I was finally told to come on back to where they meet every morning and discuss the plans for the day. Dr. Auger introduced me to all of his assistants that I would be shadowing throughout the internship. I was so nervous but I didn't know why because I was already familiar with the office. I started getting braces there in fourth grade so there was no reason to be nervous but I just was. For the majority of the day I shadowed this lady named Sylvie and what she does is take pictures of peoples teeth from different angles before and after braces and document them. she is also in charge of taking x-rays of peoples teeth which is pretty cool. I also cleaned and sanitized many tools that are used in making molds. Overall the first day was pretty interesting and within a few days I should be more comfortable around the office, the assistants, the patients and every day situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment